What is planned for the former site of Paradise Valley Mall?
- PV is a multi-phase, multi-year mega mixed-use development that will be home to a 3+ acre central park and community gathering place situated amongst a mecca of dining, entertainment and retail experiences anchored by Whole Foods.
- Phase one will be host to a 400-unit multi-family luxury development by StreetLights Residential, Harkins Theatres, three best-in-class upscale restaurants, and a large format fitness and residential concept.
- Phase one is anticipated to be open mid-2024.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to sign up for email updates to stay in the know of future announcements and development phases.
What is the new name of development?
- In honoring the more than 40-year history and legacy of the former mall and significance in the neighborhood, the new development is simply named: PV
Are retail, restaurant, and office leasing opportunities available?
- Yes. Commercial leasing information available HERE.
Does the new development include residential units available for sale?
- RED Development and Macerich, in partnership with Streetlights Residential, are under construction on phase one which includes a mixed-use development consisting of a Whole Foods grocery store, restaurants and retail, and a multifamily, rental apartment community.
- For residential leasing information, visit streetlightsres.com
- Watch for updates on future mixed-use phases.
Will there be a community gathering place in the new development?
- Yes. PV is about building a strong and enduring sense of community. A 3+ acre central park will provide a gathering place and be host to events and community activities and celebrate coming together.
Will there be shaded walkways to continue to provide the community with a place to walk and exercise?
- The redevelopment will be an open-air, town center-style that will promote outdoor walkable paths, a connection between phases and connecting drive lanes. Shade and heat mitigation features will be prioritized and implemented wherever possible.
- Phase one also includes a large format fitness concept. Watch for more information to come.
Are Costco, JcPenney and the Phoenix Public Library part of the redevelopment?
- Costco, JcPenney and the Phoenix Public Library remain open during construction.
Will the final “cube” be saved?
- The Union Jack entry cubes that were installed as a part of the original Paradise Valley Mall architecture in 1979 are not salvageable. The new PV logo was inspired by this iconic feature to preserve their legacy.
- Check out all the ways the legacy of Paradise Valley Mall has been preserved HERE.
Do you have a security or dust related question or concern?
- Please email your question or concern to [email protected]
How can I stay informed about what is happening at the new development?
- Sign up for email updates below to stay in the know of future announcements and development phases.
Where can I find more information about the former Paradise Valley Mall project zoning?
- For more information, view the PUD information HERE.